Based on Free Spirit favorite 100 Things Guys Need to Know, this do-it-yourself comic book is a source for boys to think about important topics in their lives, including family, friends, school, health, and the future.
Features of Your Life in Comics include:
- High-interest graphic-novel-style illustrations
- Fun writing and drawing activities that can engage for hours
- Exercises and prompts that let guys explore thoughts and attitudes
- Chronicling of tween years that can become a treasured keepsake
- Web extensions pointing the way to fun, interactive online resources
I was very excited to give this book to my nine year old. My young man loves to read and he has a very creative mind, so this book seemed like a great fit for him. My son absolutely LOVED this book. After receiving the book, he immediately began working on writing and drawing to complete the comics. The book allows him to write about his family life, plan the perfect birthday, work on goal-setting, express his emotions and so much more.
As some of you know, my son was recently diagnosed with Aperger's Syndrome. This book has been a great aid in helping him deal with the various emotions he is experiencing. I often find him at night sound asleep with Your Life in Comics tucked away next to him. As a parent, I love that he has a way to express his emotions and work on goal-planning, while reading and writing.
I want to recommend this book to anyone who has or knows a young man between the ages of 9-13. Definitely put this on your 2010 Holiday list!
Purchase Your Life In Comics online at Free Spirit Publishing's website for $9.99 or at Amazon.com. For activity downloads and 20 website extensions visit www.freespirit.com/comics.
Free Spirit Publishing has offered to give one Bargain Mom follower their own copy of Your Life in Comics.
MANDATORY: YOU MUST BE A BARGAIN MOM FOLLOWER AND TELL ME WHO YOU OR YOUR CHILD'S FAVORITE COMIC OR CARTOON CHARACTER IS. MINE IS BATMAN!
- Fan Free Spirit Publishing on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow Free Spirit Publishing on Twitter (1 entry)
- Fan Bargain Mom on Facebook (3 entries)
- Follow Bargain Mom on Twitter (1 entry)
- Place my Holiday Gift Guide Button on the first page of your blog (5 entries)- located on sidebar
- Tweet about this giveaway 1x per day and include @mibargainmom and a direct link to this post (1 entry per day)
- Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs (1x per day)- button on sidebar
- Write a review for Bargain Mom on Alexa (5 entries)- button on sidebar
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents
Contest ends Saturday November 20, 2010 at 11:59 EST. The winner will be chosen on Sunday November 21, 2010 by Random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond by email or another winner will be chosen. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays!
Disclosure: I received the book at no cost, for review purposes . The product was given to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on my opinions. The opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. This is my true and honest opinion. Your opinions may vary from mine.